Sunday, April 19, 2015

Reasons for this Blog.


My name is Nicole Bauer. Recently I found out that an dear friend of mine was diagnosed with bone cancer also known as Osteosarcoma. It is located in his hip and has been causing him a great deal of pain. I have asked the family if I could help them by getting sponsors for my upcoming races this year. I also will be organizing a fundraiser or two for this family in the later months. I will be using this blog to update what I am doing and the money I have raised for Derek Hoyt. I am doing my best to help Derek and his family in their time of need.
So, a little about what exactly I am looking for in my sponsorship from other people. I am running a total of 6 races this year and for each I would like to have a few sponsors to help raise money for this family. I have an understanding that when a family that has someone with cancer the medical bill will skyrocket and often will leave the family in a lot of debt especially with all the traveling and other things that come up during this time.  I really would like to have people sponsor me for every mile I run during a race and have a certain amount they pledge per mile. So, if there is any interest in sponsoring me or helping me when I get more of the fundraising ideas organized email me at nicolebauer095@gmail.com.

Here is a list of my six races.

  1. May 16- Children's Justice Center Center Quarter Marathon (Cedar City, Utah)
  2. August 1- Yankee Meadows Half Marathon (Parawon, Utah)
  3. September 12- Cedar City Half Marathon (Cedar City, Utah)
  4. October 31- Provo Haunted Half (Provo, Utah)
  5. November 7-Snow Canyon Half (St. George, Utah)
  6. Some undetermined race for the end of November or beginning or end of December (because I can't make up my mind on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment